IT Staff Members: Please use the information on this page to prepare for emergencies. Updates targeted to IT Staff Members will be posted at the top of this page, if possible, during an emergency situation. This page is meant to familiarize staff members with IT's crisis contingency plan. In the event of an emergency, follow all instructions sent through UofL Alerts and/or the President's Office.
Emergency Messages for IT Staff
- IT staff members may call 852-3599 for IT-specific updates during emergency situations. A message will be recorded on this line providing information such as whether or not you should report to work.
- If you have opted in for IT emergency text messages, you will receive text message updates during emergencies.
Crisis Contingency Plan
Click below for IT's Crisis Contingency Plan, which outlines the steps IT will take in the event of an emergency situation, such as a natural disaster, that may take down major technology systems across the university or put employees in harm's way.
The information below is taken from the CardSafety app, and can help you prepare for a variety of potential emergency situations.
- Active Shooter(PDF)
- Bomb Threat(PDF)
- Building Evacuation(PDF)
- Chemical Spill(PDF)
- Civil Disturbance(PDF)
- Contagious Disease(PDF)
- Criminal Activity(PDF)
- General Safety Information(PDF)
- Hazardous Materials Incident(PDF)
- Hostage Situation(PDF)
- Medical Emergencies(PDF)
- Mobility Impaired Individuals(PDF)
- Natural Gas Leaks(PDF)
- Power Outage(PDF)
- Radiation Emergency(PDF)
Click the links below for additional emergency resources.