Getting Started Faculty & Staff
1. Find your userID (you will need your university employee/student id # or Social Security Number). Employees get userIDs on their first day.
2. Find your ULink password
- if you are a new employee and have never had an account at the University, your password will be set to the default
- If you were here before and don't remember your password, please contact your Tier I support staff
- If you have not yet used your university email account, your password will be the first two letters of your first name, then the first two letters of your last name, then an exclamation mark (!), then the last four digits of your employee ID. For Jane Smith, employee ID 1234567, her password is JASM!4567.
3. Change your ULink password and set up your Challenge Questions - (Help)
4. Log into ULink, the University of Louisville portal.
- Select the “Faculty/Staff Services” tab and verify your information:
- Directory Name
- Home and Mailing Addresses
- Update your office phone for the Outlook Address Book
- Your paystubs will be available on-line within ULink
6. Your computer has probably already been set up by your Tier I Support staff. We recommend that you verify that these things are set up on your computer.
- 6. Set up anti-virus software to run and automatically update on your personal computer(s)
- 7. Set up automatic operating system updates on your personal computer(s)
- 8. Set up a firewall, either Windows XP or your own
7. Log into your e-mail account
10. Set up your Nickname based on your name and Preferred e-mail address (PEA) in ULink.
11. Set up your anti-SPAM processes (Help)
12. Check out your University wireless account for your mobile PC
13. Request other accounts:
- Request accounts for faculty and staff
14. Set up your Outlook account, including
- Address Book