Getting Started - Faculty & Staff
1. Find your userID (you will need your university employee/student id # or Social Security Number). Employees get userIDs on their first day.
2. Find your ULink password
- if you are a new employee and have never had an account at the University, your password will be set to the default
- If you were here before and don't remember your password, please contact your Tier I support staff
3. Change your ULink password and set up your Challenge Questions - (Help)
4. Log into ULink, the University of Louisville portal.
- Select the “Faculty/Staff Services” tab and verify your information:
- Directory Name
- Home and Mailing Addresses
- Update your office phone for the Outlook Address Book
- Your paystubs will be available on-line within ULink
6. Your computer has probably already been set up by your Tier I Support staff. We recommend that you verify that these things are set up on your computer.
- 6. Set up anti-virus software to run and automatically update on your personal computer(s)
- 7. Set up automatic operating system updates on your personal computer(s)
- 8. Set up a firewall, either Windows XP or your own
7. Log into your e-mail account
10. Set up your Nickname based on your name and Preferred e-mail address (PEA) in ULink.
11. Set up your anti-SPAM processes (Help)
12. Check out your University wireless account for your mobile PC
13. Request other accounts:
- Request accounts for faculty and staff
14. Set up your Outlook account, including
- Address Book