Windows Vista Wireless Detailed Setup Guide
1. Click on the Start button, then select "Connect to".
2. Select "ulsecure" form the list of networks, then click "Connect".
3. A new screen will appear asking you to enter additional log on information. Click on the option that says "Enter/select additional log on information".
4. In the new pop-up window, enter in your UofL user name and password. These are the same credentials used to log on to your university email. Leave the "Logon domain" field empty then select "OK" to continue.
5. A window similar to the one in Step 3 will appear. Select "Enter/select additional log on information" once again. Seeing this same window twice is normal behavior.
6. A pop-up window will appear asking you to validate a certification. Select "OK" to continue.
NOTE: If you skip this step, you will not successfully connect to the wireless network.
7. You'll then see your computer connecting to the ulsecure network shown by the screen shot below.
8. Once the connection is successful, a confirmation window will appear. Select "Close" to finish connecting.
9. Starting with Windows Vista, the user is prompted by Windows to select a network location for the new connected network. This determines some security and visibility settings that Windows will use while connected to that network. The safest option is to choose "Public location" to apply the strictest security policies.
10. A final confirmation screen will appear confirming your settings. Select "Close" to finish.