Intel Proset Wireless Setup
This short guide contains step-by-step instructions on how to connect your Intel Proset device to the University of Louisville's secure wireless network "ulsecure".
1. To start configuring your wireless, double-click the Intel PROSet/Wireless icon in the system tray.
2. Click the Profiles button
3. Click the Add button
4. Set both the "Profile Name" and "Wireless Network Name (SSID)" to ulsecure. Make sure that radio button for "Network (infrastructure)" is selected and then click Next
5. Select the radio button for Enterprise Security and enter the following values:
- Network Authentication: WPA - Enterprise
- Data Encryption: AES
- Authentication Type: PEAP
- Authentication Protocol: MS-CHAP-V2
- User Name: Ulink username
- Password: Ulink Password
- Roaming Identity: AD\Ulink Username
6. Uncheck "Validate server certificate" and then click OK
7. Once the profile is added, click on ulsecure and choose Connect
8. The Intel PROSet/Wireless software now has all the information needed to connect to the ulsecure wireless network. Since you have provided your Ulink username and password in the profile configuration, your computer should automatically connect when in range of the UofL wireless access points.
(If you computer does not connect immediately after the initial setup, you may need to select "Disconnect" and then choose "Connect" again.)
9. Important Note: Whenever you update your Ulink password, you MUST update your Intel profile with this information, otherwise you will no longer be able to connect