UofL Secure wireless connection: Wi-Fi-enabled BlackBerry
If you use a BlackBerry to connect to the wireless network at University of Louisville, use the ulsecure network whenever possible. When you move from one campus to another that uses ulsecure, the BlackBerry will connect to the network automatically. (If Wi-Fi adapter is enabled)
Note:You can only connect to ulsecure using BlackBerry models that support Wi-Fi.
Connecting your BlackBerry to ulsecure
1. From the main menu, click Set Up Wi-Fi. For the BlackBerry Bold, click ManageConnections, and then click Set up Wi-Fi Network. Click Next.
2. Click Scan For Networks. If you are prompted with "Turn on Wi-Fi to perform a scan?", click Turn Wi-Fi on.
3. You will see a list of available Wi-Fi networks. Use the trackball to scroll to ulsecure, and then click it.
Note: If ulsecure does not appear in the list of available Wi-Fi networks, make sure you are within range of the network.
Wireless access is widely available on UofL campuses.
4. From the Security Type menu, make sure PEAP is selected.
5. Enter the following security settings:
- User name: Enter ulink userid.
- User password: Enter your ulink password.
- CA certificate: Click <None selected> , scroll down, and then click Verisign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority – G5
- Inner link security: Leave this set to EAP-MS-CHAPv2.
- Token: Leave this set to <None selected>.
- Server Subject: Leave blank.
- Server SAN: Leave blank.
6. Click Connect to add and connect to the network.
7. When you see "Connection Successful!", click YES to save the profile, and then click Next .
8. When you see "Wi-Fi Setup Complete", click Finish.