Standard Dialing Pattern
Calls Within the University
Dial the full seven-digits of the number.
Calls Outside the University
Local calling area only: Dial the seven-digit number.
Authorization Code (ELD) Calls
Authorization code calls (ELD code) begins billing after call is answered. No answers and busy signals are not billed. You will need an authorization code to complete domestic and international (long distance) calls using the University administrative 852-XXXX lines.
Long Distance Calls
- USA & Canada: Dial 1 + area code + seven-digit telephone number + ELD Authorization code.
- International Calls: Dial 011 + Country Code + City Code + Telephone Number + # key + ELD Authorization Code
All Toll-Free Calls
All toll-free Calls: Dial 1 + toll-free number + telephone number
- Local Calls: Dial 1 + 411
- Long Distance: Dial 1 + area code + 555-1212 + ELD Authorization Code
Directory Assistance should be used only if number can not be found in the directory. The University is billed for this service and the cost is billed to individual departments.
The University uses AT&T Reservation-less Conference service. You need to send an email to Karin Tyler or Kathy Sullivan for activation of the services. You need to include contact name, department name; telephone number; email address and speed code to charge it to in your email.
- USA & Canada: Dial 1 + area code + seven-digit telephone number + # key + pause key + ELD Authorization code.
- International Calls: Dial 011 + Country Code + City Code + Telephone Number + # key + pause key + ELD Authorization Code