VP Position Description
The Vice President for Information Technology reports to the Provost and advises the President as appropriate on matters of vision, strategic planning, policy, and long-range budget.
The Vice President carries out the following functions:
- Provides academic computing services necessary to support the instructional and research needs of the institution.
- Provides the infrastructure and centralized computing services necessary for the efficient management of the institution.
- Coordinates university-wide telecommunications services, the campus-wide information systems, and electronic networks.
- Provides appropriate support services related to instructional and video communications.
- Provides centralized printing services to the university.
- Advises the Provost and President on policy matters that relate to computing services, telecommunications services, instructional technology, and printing services.
- Acts as the university's liaison with local, state-wide, national and international organizations on computing, information management, and telecommunications.
- Undertakes other assignments at the discretion of the Provost or President.