Technology for Faculty & Staff
Information Technology provides assistance and resources for faculty & staff.
A variety of resources, including computer accounts, e-mail, discounted software and personal computers are available to faculty and staff. The Blackboard system allows you to provide instructional resources and an online community for students. The ULink system is where you can manage your accounts, view your paycheck, and more.
The following quick guide covers topics of interest to faculty & staff.
- Accounts and Passwords
- Learn about the types of accounts available to you and how to manage them.
- Use the Blackboard Learning System to provide instructional resources to students.
- Learn about university discounts from selected computer vendors.
- Computing Centers
- Find campus public computers and learn about computing services
- Locate university copy centers, review and request services
- Review faculty & staff email options and policies, and manage your email accounts. Learn about related topics such as spam, encryption, mobile access, and more.
- Graphic and Posters
- Learn more about creative graphics, scientific posters and design services to enhance your publications, presentations, and web sites.
- Contact the Helpdesk by phone, submit a request online, access the HEAT tracking system, or access outage alerts and statistics.
- Instructional Support
- Learn about media equipment and rentals to support classroom and presentation activities, get audio, web, and satellite resources for distance learning, and report classroom technology problems.
- Complete printing, binding, and finishing services for publications, business cards, stationery, and more.
- Shop for discounted academic software or download university provided software at no charge through the online IT Store.
- Learn about telephone services including cellular, long distance, audio conferencing and VoIP.
- Training and short courses offered through IT for GroupWise, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Quickbooks, and more.
- ULink Login
- Go to the ULink system to manage accounts, register, view transcripts and more.
- Video & Photography
- Learn more about video production services (both in the studio and remote).
- Web Services
- Learn about the web services available through the university.
- Wireless Networking
- Learn about the UfL wireless network and how to use it.