Our vision is to increase international education at the University of Louisville, to enhance global awareness and nurture a more tolerant and inclusive human community.
Mission and Goals:
Our mission is to promote and enhance the University’s goals by creating a community that appreciates global interdependence. Our goals are to increase the number of international students at all academic levels; expand the number of students participating in study abroad programs; facilitate graduate student and faculty international research and travel; and provide quality services in support of these and other international initiatives.
What We Do:
- Send and receive students, scholars, and faculty to and from over one hundred countries;
- Provide advice on international travel requirements and regulations;
- Assist with enrollment processes as well as provide general admission and transcript information;
- Provide advice on host country requirements, lifestyles, medical insurance, and other regulations;
- Collaborate with university departments and units on international opportunities;
- Offer scholarships and grants for international travel;
- Develop, plan and conduct orientations on pre-departure, arrival and re-entry adjustments;
- Prepare statistical data on international education for internal and external offices or agencies;
- Collaborate with University departments and units and the Louisville Metro community on international programs and activities, including the Contact Family Program, International Teas, Study Abroad Fairs, and club and volunteer opportunities;
- Collect and maintain all faculty international travel documentation as well as information on faculty-led international and other U of L-sponsored international programs;
International Center, University of Louisville,
101 Brodschi Hall, Louisville, KY 40292