ISIC/ ITIC Cards
**PLEASE NOTE: As of June 1, 2012 the cost of the ISIC card will increase to $25. Additionally, as of August 1, 2012, processing time for all cards will be 5 to 14 days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
All University of Louisville students are required to purchase the International Student Identity Card (ISIC). Faculty may purchase the International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC). These cards provide emergency travel insurance, serve as a valuable international identification, and can provide the holder with a wide range of discounts for housing, attractions, airfare, and other advantages during travel. These ID cards also provides access to ISIConnect which provides emergency contact, calling card, and cell phone options.
Location and Hours
International ID Cards are processed at the Office of International Affairs in Brodschi Hall. Walk-ins are welcome from Monday through Friday, 9am-11am or 2pm-4pm. For those who cannot make it during those hours, special arrangements may be made by contacting the Office of International Affairs at 502-852-0374.
Applicants must submit:
- International ID Application, available at the International Center
- One passport-size photo with your name printed in ink on the back
- $25 money order made payable to "University of Louisville"
- Copy of driver's license, passport, or birth certificate
- Proof of status:
- Students - School ID with academic year validity visible or school declaration with school seal or photocopy of your transcript or report card for current academic year
- Faculty - Faculty ID with validity for current academic year visible or letter on school stationary from department chair, school principal, or other school official verifying faculty status or equivalent
Validity period of ISIC or ITIC cards is one year from the time of purchase.
For additional information or questions, please call the International Center at 502-852-6602.
Overseas Travel Information
The following are forms required by the University Provost and University legal counsel. Faculty members must submit the Overseas Emergency Information Sheet along with a copy of their Passport photo and signature pages to the International Center. Copies of these documents must also be sent to the Provost's office. It is the responsibility of the individual to make sure all documentation is submitted prior to leaving the country.
The Release and Risk Assumption form is to be completed by student groups only, and should be sent to the International Center.