Levi Beverly, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, James Graham Brown Cancer Center; Associate member, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology; Adjunct faculty member, Ph.D Program in Molecular Oncology, Experimental Immunology and Development of Innovative Therapeutics, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy.
505 S. Hancock St.
University of Louisville
CTRB; Rm 204
Louisville, KY 40202
Phone Number: (502) 852-8968 (Office)
- Lavona Casson
- Parag P. Shah, Ph.D.
- Kumar Saurabh, Ph.D.
- Marcus Stepp, Fall 2011. Graduate student (rotation), Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology,University of Louisville
- Sahiba Chandel, Winter 2011-Summer 2013. Undergraduate, University of Louisville. (Currently, Medical student at University of Kentucky)
- Jara Vega Velez, Summer 2012. Medical student, University of Louisville
- Gretchen Holz, Summer 2012. summer intern (Currently - Graduate student, University of Louisville, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology)
- Allen Jiang, Summer 2012. High school student
- Michael Scherzer, Winter 2013- present. Bio-engineering undergraduate co-op student, Speed School of Engineering, University of Louisville
- Sean Patrick Shannon, Summer 2013. Medical student, University of Louisville
- Amy Song, Summer 2013. Undergraduate, Drexel University
- Alexius Shorter, Summer 2013. High school student
Primary research publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Beverly LJ, Lockwood WW, Erdjument-Bromage H, and Varmus HE. Ubiquitination, localization and stability of an anti-apoptotic BCL2-like protein, BCL2L10/BCLb, are regulated by Ubiquilin1. Proc Natl Acad Sci US. 2012 Jan 17; 109(3)E119-26.
- Beverly, LJ. Oncogenic driver supersedes bone marrow preparation as the critical determinant of leukemic outcome: A one day protocol for bone marrow harvest, infection and transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2013 Jan 14 [epub ahead of print].
- Casson L, Howell L, Mathews LA, Ferrer M, Southall N, Guha R, Keller JM, Thomas C, Siskind LJ, and Beverly LJ. Inhibition of ceramide metabolism sensitizes human leukemia cells to inhibition of BCL2-like proteins. PLoS One. 2013;8(1):e54525.
- Beverly LJ, Howell LA, Hernandez-Corbacho M, Casson L, Chipuk JE and Siskind LJ. BAK activation is necessary and sufficient to drive ceramide synthase-dependent ceramide accumulation following inhibition of BCL2-like proteins. Biochem J. 2013 May 15;452(1):111-9.
- Lockwood WW, Chandel SK, Stewart GL, Erdjument-Bromage H and Beverly LJ. The novel ubiquitin ligase complex, SCFFbxw4, interacts with the COP9 signalosome in an f-box dependent manner, is mutated, lost and under-expressed in human cancers. PLoS One. 2013 May 2;8(5):e63610.
- Rhyasen GW, Bolanos L, Fang J, Rasch C, Jerez A, Varney M, Wunderlich M, Rigolino C, Mathews L, Ferrer M, Southall N, Guha R, Keller J, Thomas C, Beverly LJ, Cortelezzi A, Oliva EN, Cuzzola M, Maciejewski JP, Mulloy JC, Starczynowski DT. Targeting IRAK1 as a novel therapeutic approach for Myelodysplastic Syndrome. Cancer Cell. 2013 July 8;24(1):90-104.
Review publications in peer-reviewed journals
Beverly LJ. Regulation of anti-apoptotic BCL2-proteins by non-canonical interactions. J Cell Biochem. 2012 Jan;113(1):3-12.
Book ChaptersKabeer F, Beverly LJ, Darrasse-Jeze G, Podsypanina K. Methods to study metastasis in genetically modified mice. Edited by Abate-Shen C, Politi K, Chodosh L, and Olive KP. Mouse Models of Cancer: A Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbor Press, 2013.