Doctoral Program Application Guidelines
The Humanities Graduate Committee considers applications to the Ph.D. program for Fall admission only. The deadline is January 15th. When credentials are complete, the Graduate Admissions Committee will review all applications and make selections. All applicants will be notified of their outcome.
Applicants applying for admission to the doctoral program must send required credentials as listed below to:
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
- All applicants must fulfill the general requirements of the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies. Apply at Graduate Admission application.
- Complete a Master's degree prior to beginning the program.
- Submit a current CV.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate work.
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores.
- Submit three recent letters of recommendation about the applicant’s potential success in a doctoral program.
- Submit a written statement of intent of no more than a thousand words detailing the applicant's professional goals.
- Submit a scholary or professional writing sample (10-20 pages).