PER-1.07 May 1, 1992 Identification Cards
I. POLICY AND/OR OBJECTIVE
- Photo identification cards are obtained at the Cardinal Card Office
- Photo identification cards are issued to all regular, full-time, and part-time faculty and staff. I.D. cards for regular faculty and staff remain valid for five-year periods and are reissued at the end of each period until employment with the university terminates.
- Temporary Faculty are issued a special photo identification card which carries an ending date coinciding with the authorized appointment expiration date.
- Temporary I.D. cards are issued to temporary staff only for the period of appointment.
- Temporary identification cards are also issued through the Campus Card Office.
- University retired faculty and staff are issued an I.D. card showing rank and/or title. The I.D. card does not carry an expiration date.
- Units may request from the Campus Card Office identification cards for gratis faculty for the specific period of their appointment. The request should present information establishing related duties of the gratis faculty member with the university.
- Replacement of lost I.D. cards will be issued upon payment of a service fee.
- Unauthorized use of an I.D. card could result in disciplinary action.
- An employee terminating employment with the university must turn in his or her I.D. card to the supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
All photo identification cards are issued by the Cardinal Card Office, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on the Belknap Campus and from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Tuesdays on the Health Science Center Campus.