New Faculty Orientation
Each summer, two special faculty orientation sessions are held for new faculty hires beginning on July 1 and August 1. Spend the day with us in New Faculty Orientation and discover all the reasons why a position with the University of
Louisville is more than just a paycheck!
During the full-day session, you will complete employment documents, sign up for payroll and benefits, obtain identification cards, parking permits, and receive information about university policies and procedures. The orientation will also acquaint you with teaching, research, and library resources at the university, as well as critical information about promotion, tenure, and faculty governance.
2013 New Faculty Orientation Sessions *
Monday, July 1, 2013 (8:00 a.m. to 5:oo p.m.)
Thursday, August 1, 2013 (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
* Please contact the office of Faculty Personnel at (502) 852-5301 to sign up for a faculty orientation session.
Prior to attending orientation
Get started before you even attend orientation! Before you come, please complete the following two items:
Electronic I-9: Please visit the web site www.newi9.com,
and complete the required information prior to attending orientation.
The University of Louisville employer code to access the site is 11443.
If you have questions regarding completion, please contact Human
Resources at (502) 852-6542.
New Hire Packet: Complete the new hire packet prior to
attending, print it out and bring it with you to the orientation session
you are scheduled to attend.
Day of orientation: What to bring
You’ve completed your electronic I-9, new hire packet and it is orientation day. You must bring the following items with you:
- Completed new hire packet
- Proof of identification and eligibility to work. The most common documents are:
- For identification: state issued driver’s license, photo ID or passport.
- For eligibility: original social security card or employment authorization documents.
- Other Acceptable Documents
- Original social security card for payroll purposes. If you do not have a social security card, an application will be provided.
- Voided check for direct deposit, if preferred. Otherwise, you will receive a check card.
- Foreign nationals working on a visa need to bring passport and employment authorization documentation.
- Social security number and date of birth for spouse/qualified adult or dependents you wish to add to any benefits coverage.
Where to go
Orientation is held at the Human Resources office, located at 1980
Arthur Street, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Parking is available at Human
Resources and is free to participants during orientation. Driving directions are available for your convenience.
Please call us ahead of time at 852-6542 if you require any special
accommodations. Please direct any questions or concerns to the office of
Human Resources at 852-6542.