IPIBS Graduate Fellow HR Orientation
Welcome! The Human Resources department will be holding an orientation for all
new graduate fellows with IPIBS. If this is your first paid graduate
fellowship at the University of Louisville, you must attend an HR
orientation session. During this session, you will have the chance to
complete all of your administrative needs with the Human Resources
department, as well as obtain information about parking, public safety and university policies and procedures.
The IPIBS Graduate Fellow HR Orientation will be held Monday, August 5, 2013 from 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
Prior to attending orientation
Please complete the following two items before you attend:
Electronic I-9: Please visit the web site www.newi9.com,
and complete the required information prior to attending orientation.
The University of Louisville employer code to access the site is 11443.
If you have questions regarding completion, please contact Human
Resources at (502) 852-6542.
- Graduate Student Hire Packet: Complete the new hire
packet prior to attending, print it out and bring it with you to the
orientation session you are scheduled to attend.
Day of orientation: What to bring
To ensure you will get the most out of attending, you must bring the following items with you to the orientation session:
- Completed new hire packet
- Proof of identification and eligibility to work. The most common documents are:
- For identification: state issued driver’s license, photo ID or passport.
- For eligibility: original social security card or employment authorization documents.
- Other Acceptable Documents
- Original social security card for payroll purposes. If you do not have a social security card, an application will be provided.
- Voided check for direct deposit, if preferred. Otherwise, you will receive a check card.
- Foreign nationals working on a visa need to bring passport and employment authorization documentation.
Where to go
The IPIBS HR Orientation will be held at the Clinical and Translational
Research Building (CTR), room 101/102, located at 505 S. Hancock Street
on the Health Sciences Campus. For the week of IPIBS Orientation, free
parking is available on level 2 of the garage adjacent to the CTR
Building, known as the 620 Garage. Drivers must use the Muhammad Ali
Please call us ahead of time at 852-6542 if you require any special
accommodations. Please direct any questions or concerns to the office of
Human Resources at 852-6542.