UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE
Professional/Administrative Job Specification (Revision 4/1/13)
Job Title: Enterprise Data Base Analyst III
Class Code: 001767
Coordinate and conduct computing activities including the installation, maintenance, and support of small to medium sized database management and middleware software under close supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires a comprehensive experience with the following technologies:
1. Oracle database administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning.
2. Oracle Real application clusters, installation, configuration and performance tuning.
3. Enterprise IT resource monitoring and grid computing architecture. Experience with business intelligence software. OBIEE is preferred.
4. Experience with administration and configuration of Web Logic application servers.
5. Experience with formulation of disaster recovery procedures and disaster recovery drills.
6. Experience with installation and administration of ERP systems is required.
Ability to independently work on projects as a main resource and performing tasks like writing o/s specifications for product installs like database, clusterware, business intelligence software etc. and performing installation, configuration, setup and delivery.
Assist in evaluating, planning, designing, and developing database strategies and structures in accordance with internal and external customer needs. Act as technical support as needed. A customer focus and effective communication skills are required.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Training and Skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Experience: Five years of experience. Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirements.
The intent of this document is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented.