UNIVERSITY of LOUISVILLE
Professional / Administrative Job Specification (03/02)
JOB TITLE: Research Grants Coordinator
CLASS CODE: 001462
Advise and assist faculty on development, writing and submission of grant applications and assist them in identifying funding opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in writing, edit and proofread grant applications with faculty.
- Prepare budgets and assist faculty and departmental personnel with other application forms to assure compliance with University and outside agency policies. Review and approve budgetary information prior to submission.
- Review and assist with preparation of internal forms necessary for grant submissions.
- Establish and maintain an updated database for all investigators within and associated with the department.
- Develop a system to identify possible funding sources appropriate for investigators within the department.
- Coordinate local, national and international scientific meetings and conferences. Coordinate and participate in educational workshops and in-service training for faculty and staff.
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree in English, Business Administration or related field.
Five years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be substituted for the requirements noted.