How to Apply: Getting Started Guide
View a printer friendly version (PDF)
Searching for positions:
All staff and faculty vacancies are listed on the UofL Jobs page. Postings update weekly on Fridays.
Unless otherwise noted, attach only your CV to an application and follow the instructions provided in the job posting regarding additional documents requested by the Department Chair. Instructions will include information on additional documents submission.
Before you apply:
- Have your work history and education information ready to enter in the application.
- Have your entire resume document ready to upload. Please note that our system can only accommodate one attachment, so if you wish to include additional documents to your resume (i.e. cover letter), please include them as one document with your resume. Both Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) and PDF formats are acceptable.
- Please use Internet Explorer as your browser.
- Please note our application process requires Java script to be enabled.
Completing an application:
Once you have identified a job you wish to apply for, click on the link at the bottom of the posting to apply and follow the application process.
New users must register and establish a user name and password. Be sure to write them down. Registering with an email address will ensure that you will not only receive a confirmation that your application was received, but also allow you to retrieve your user name or password if lost.
Complete your application, including work history and education.
Please do not use backward and forward arrows from browser toolbar. Use only the system prompts to: Continue - Next - Submit - etc.
Troubleshooting: If you receive errors, please follow these tips:
- Clear your cache: Use your browser toolbar: Tools/Internet Options/General Tab>click Delete files>check Delete all offline content>click OK. You may also want to Delete cookies, click Close >click OK.
- Add a Trusted Site: Use your browser toolbar: Tools/Internet Options/Security/Trusted Sites, select Sites, type in https://*.louisville.edu in the text box and click Add, click Close and then click OK.
- Allow Pop-ups: Use your browser toolbar: Tools/Pop-up Blocker> click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker or Allow Pop-Ups.
- For Additional Technical Support: IT HelpDesk is available at 502-852-7997 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Troubleshooting: For users with Internet Explorer 10
is an issue with this version that may keep some applicants from being able to
follow these instructions and then restart Internet Explorer.
- Look for a small gray icon representing a torn sheet of paper on the top tool bar just to the right of the field used to enter a URL. Click the gray, broken paper icon and it will turn blue. Check that the icon stays blue after you move your mouse away. When the icon is blue, compatibility mode is turned on. A gray icon indicates that compatibility mode is turned off. OR
- Go to the Tools menu (you may need to press [Alt] to see the Menu bar),
select Compatibility View Settings, and click [Add] to view the specific
page you are on in Compatibility View (or select Display all websites
in Compatibility View).
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone (502) 852-6542.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6542 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.