All departments with a newly vacant position must request a reclassification if they wish to change the title and duties or responsibilities of the current position.
The creation of any vacant staff positions may take between five to seven business days to complete.
In order to request a reclassification of a vacant staff position, the following items must be completed:
- Position Authorization Request
- This form must include the signatures of the appropriate department contact as well as the Dean, VP, and/or Director for the department.
- Please make sure to include the standard hours, account code, department ID, and proposed effective start date for the position.
- *NEW* Job Description Form (DOC)
- This form must include the signatures of the appropriate supervisor and administrator for the department.
- Please make sure to include the appropriately updated job duties and responsibilities, the requested level of education, and the requested level of experience for the position.
Additional questions or concerns should be directed to the Office of Compensation and Employment
at (502) 852-6542.
Return to Compensation Resources