All departments seeking to change the duties and responsibilities of any currently filled staff position must request a reclassification.
The reclassification of any filled positions may take between 30 to 60 days to complete.
In order to request a reclassification of any filled position, the following items must be completed:
- Position Authorization Request Form
- This form must include the signatures of the appropriate department contact as well as the Dean, VP, and/or Director for the department.
- Please make sure to include the standard hours, account code, department ID, and proposed effective start date for the position.
- *NEW* Job Description Form (DOC)
- This form must include the signatures of the appropriate supervisor and administrator for the department.
- Please make sure to include the appropriate job duties and responsibilities, the requested level of education, and the requested level of experience for the position.
During the reclassification, the Employment Representative will conduct a position audit with the current candidate. The supervisor will also be interviewed in order to complete the audit. These separate appointments will take approximately 30 minutes. These audits must be conducted in order to ensure the accuracy of the revised duties and responsibilities.
Once the audits have been completed, the Employment Representative will work with the department Unit Business Manager to determine the best position title and update to the position. During this time, any additional compensation to the candidate's wage or salary will be determined if appropriate.
Additional questions or concerns should be directed to the Office of Compensation and Employment
at (502) 852-6542.
Return to Compensation Resources