Personal Care Accounts
There are two PCA health plan options - PCA High and PCA Low. These are consumer driven health plans. They include a benefit allowance for you to use for covered health-care expenditures and to pay toward your deductible. Any unused funds can roll over up to three times the annual contribution. The university contributes $500 for employee coverage, $1,000 for employee & spouse and $2,000 for family for PCA High and Low plans.
Things to consider in choosing one of these health plans:
- Low monthly premiums.
- Higher annual deductible and a higher out-of-pocket maximum.
- When utilizing an in-network provider, out-of-pocket expense is lower.
- When utilizing an out-of-network provider, out-of-pocket expense is higher.
- If you spend all of of the PCA benefit allowance, out-of-pocket expense continues until deductible is met.
- Any unused PCA benefit allowance may rollover to the following year if you re-enroll in a PCA benefit plan. Maximum rollover amount is up to three times the university annual contribution.
- PCA benefit allowance cannot be used toward prescription benefits.
- In addition to your United Healthcare ID card, you will receive a Healthcare Spending Account card with a MasterCard logo. This card is preloaded with allotted funds and can be used first day of effective coverage for health care expenses only.
- 2013 PCA High - HRA Plan Summary
- 2013 PCA Low - HRA Plan Summary
For questions about current coverage or 2013 coverage, go to my uhc.com or call United Healthcare at 1-877-457-8670.