Your 2013 Health Plans
There will be no benefit plan changes to the health plans. The Cardinal Care Plan will be closed to new enrollees. If you are currently enrolled in Cardinal Care, you may remain or elect a new benefit plan.
There will be a premium increase across all health plans.
For more detailed information related to each health plan, rates, waivers and your Notice of Privacy Practices, please click the links on the left of this page.
Who is eligible for health insurance coverage?
- Regular status employees who are employed 80% or greater full-time equivalency (FTE).
- Regular status part-time employees and temporary part-time lecturers (40% to 79% FTE)
- UofL retirees (under 65) and their spouses (under 65).
- Spouses of covered UofL employees
- Qualifying adult
- Child(ren) ( natural children, step children, foster children, legally adopted children, and children placed for adoption) to the end of the calendar year in which they turn 26, provided they are not eligible for group health coverage elsewhere.
- Child(ren) of the employee or the employee’s spouse of any age when such children are incapable of self-support because of a total and permanent disability; and
- Child(ren) age 26 and under for whom the employee is required to provide health care coverage under a qualified medical child support order (QMCSO), regardless of where the child resides or if the child is dependent upon the employee for support.
- Surviving spouses under age 65 of UofL employees or retirees.
- COBRA participants
With questions, please call Benefits at 852-0040.