Preferred Provider Organization Plan
The PPO Plan is a health plan offering both an in-network and out-of -network level of coverage.
This is only a summary. If you want more details about your coverage benefits, you can get the completed terms in the policy or plan document at Anthem BlueCross BlueShield, or view the Plan Summary and Summary of Benefits Coverage.
- Members are responsible for all cost up to the deductible amount before plan begins to pay for covered services you use.
- Out-of-pocket maximum and benefit limits calculated on a calendar year basis.
- Out-of-pocket limit is the most you pay. This limit helps you plan for health care expenses.
- Deductible and member co-payments accumulate toward the out-of-pocket maximum limit.
- When utilizing an in-network doctor or other health care provider, your out-of-pocket expense is lower. Be aware, your in-network doctor or hospital may use and out-of-network provider for services.
- When utilizing an out-of-network provider, your out-of-pocket expense is higher.
- Save money by visiting a UofL Primary Care Physician.