Responsibilities for Implementation
The President of the University of Louisville has the overall responsibility for the University's Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Program. The Provost and the Vice President for Business Affairs are specifically delegated the responsibility for administration of the University's Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Program. They are responsible for assuring that all necessary action is taken by all levels of management to achieve the University's Equal Employment Opportunity objectives. The Vice President for Human Resources & University EEO Officer is responsible for the following:
- Assisting Vice Presidents, Deans, and other officers in interpretation and administration of the University's Affirmative Action Program.
- Developing and auditing reporting systems to measure the effectiveness of the University's Affirmative Action Program.
- Assisting management in identification of problem areas and development of solutions to implement affirmative action.
- Serving as liaison between the University and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) enforcement agencies.
- Keeping respective management informed of the latest developments and requirements in EEO and recommending to appropriate management needed changes in policy and procedures.
- Auditing employment practices and procedures to ensure compliance with University employment policies.
- Directing dissemination of the Affirmative Action Program.
Each Dean, Director, Department Head and Supervisor is responsible for providing equal opportunity for their assigned employees, in accordance with this Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Program.
The full Affirmative Action Plan is available for inspection to any employee or applicant for employment upon request. Access to this document can be obtained from the Vice President for Human Resources & University EEO Officer.