Second-Year Public Health
In partnership with the Health Sciences Center, the Public Health 2nd Year LLC brings together sophomore students majoring in public health. The Public Health 2nd Year LLC fosters exploration of these designated health science careers through courses, programming, services, and connections to campus and community resources.
Location: Bettie Johnson
Advisor: Jenna El-Masri
- Opportunities to meet with faculty and upperclassmen outside of the classroom setting.
- Academic programming outside of the classroom designed to assist you in becoming a more confident, well rounded, and successful student.
- Social activities to assist you in networking with UofL community members, other students within your major, as well as health-science students in related majors, and faculty.
- Pre-registered, shared course blocks to build academic community within the group.
- Major specific programming provided to help expand your understanding of academic and career pathways.
- Opportunity to build a small support group within your major and career interest area.
Who can apply?
- Sophomore Public Health Majors
- Students who are committed to attending scheduled programming outside of the classroom.
- Students who are interested in genuine engagement with peers, faculty and staff.
If I was not in an LLC my freshman year, can I apply for the Public Health 2nd Year LLC?
Yes, though priority will be given to those who were in the Health Sciences LLC as public health freshmen.
Do I have room with the same person I did in the LLC as a freshman?
No, you will have the opportunity to select your room after you have been officially accepted into the 2nd year LLC.
- PHPB 305: Public Health Education Principles and Strategies
- PHPH 401: Public Health Policy
- PHPB 300: Social & Behavioral Foundations of Public Health