Honors Service LLC
The Honors Service Living Learning Community is a year-long residential and service community that brings together first year students who share a common interest in social justice and community service. This community offers you the opportunity to participate in a dynamic Honors environment. Moreover, it fosters a high level of community engagement through Honors courses, a year-long service project, and connections to campus and community resources. This community will be housed in Threlkeld Hall.
As a student in this community you can expect to receive the following services:
- assistance in the development of your community engagement service project;
- opportunities to meet faculty and staff outside the classroom setting;
- academic programs to assist you in becoming more successful as a student;
- academic advising sessions with an Honors Academic Counselor;
- social activities to assist you in getting to know community members better.
Fall 2014 – HON 101(Modes of Inquiry), HON 202 (Windows on the World), & HON 214 (Combined Public Speaking & Intro to Communication course)
Spring 2015 – continuation of service project
- These courses meet General Education or Arts & Sciences requirements whether or not you change majors and whether or not you are currently enrolled in your major.
- While these three courses are core requirements, additional required courses may be added.
- This community is only open to majors from The College of Arts & Sciences, College of Business, or College of Education & Human Development.
For more information about this Living Learning Community, please contact Luke Buckman at 502.852.4666 or you can email Luke.
The Honors Service LLC Application is currently closed.