Honors Second-Year LLCs
In partnership with the University Honors Program, the second-year Honors LLCs are designed to create purposeful links among academic, residential, and social components of the university experience. Members of the LLCs usually live together on the same floor and participate in group co-curricular activities. This shared academic involvement provides the foundation for the student’s LLC experience. Living in the Honors LLCs provides a number of unique academic and social benefits including academic advising, tutoring, on-site classes, and special opportunities for faculty, staff, and student interactions. Some Honors LLCs include themed classes in a specific cluster, allowing students to take two or more courses with the same group of peers.
- Guaranteed space in Honors courses for those who are part of a Nested LLC.
- Broad academic and social collaborations facilitate coursework and the transition to university study.
- Strengthen relationships with faculty members and peers.
- Individualized planning sessions with an Honors academic advisor.
- Programming designed for your interests.
- Guaranteed living space in the Honors residence hall.
- High level of academic engagement through Honors courses.
- Additional academic assistance and services for LLC members.
- Numerous opportunities to connect with faculty and staff.
Who can apply?
- All current upper-level Honors students may apply for the Honors Second-Year Returner General LLC.
- Second-Year Honors students pursuing a healthcare track or majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Neuroscience, or Bio-Engineering may apply for the Honors Second-Year Science LLC.
Honors Second-Year Returner General LLC
All second-year Honors students for Fall 2021 can choose to participate in the Honors Second-Year Returner General LLC. Unlike some of our Nested LLCs, this one does not require students to enroll in a specific set of linked courses. Rather, students are able to choose which Honors courses they prefer to take. Student must enroll in at least one Honors course during the 2021 - 2022 academic year. These courses will be selected in conjunction with an Honors advisor prior to, or during, summer orientation. In addition, students in the Honors Second-Year Returner General LLC have the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular programming throughout the year focused on community building and academic success. If you have any questions about the Honors Second-Year Returner General LLC, please contact Luke Buckman. The Honors Second-Year Returner General LLC is housed in Kurz Hall.
Upper-level honors students may apply to participate in any of our Nested LLCs, which are designed around specific themes and linked Honors courses. Nested LLCs for second-year students include:
- Honors 2nd Year Science LLC
Honors 2nd-Year Science LLC
This LLC is designed for second-year students pursuing careers in healthcare (including dentistry, medicine, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, and veterinary science), or majoring in biology, chemistry, bioengineering, or neuroscience. Students enroll in an LLC-specific Honors seminar in the fall and have reserved spaces in the Honors Organic Chemistry courses for both fall and spring semesters. Participating students have the opportunity to take advantage of academic support sessions and programming designed specifically for this LLC. If you have specific questions about this Nested LLC, please contact Sarah Exner. This Nested LLC is housed in Bettie Johnson Hall.
- CHEM 341 - Organic Chemistry I (3 hours)
- CHEM 343 - Organic Chemistry Lab (2 hours)
- CHEM 342 - Organic Chemistry II (3 hours)
- CHEM 344 - Organic Chemistry II Lab (2 hours)