Health Sciences (Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Public Health)
The Health Sciences LLC brings together students wishing to pursue a career in Dental Hygiene, Nursing and Public Health. The Health Science LLC fosters exploration of these designated health science careers through courses, programming, services, and connections to campus and community resources.
Who can apply?
- Incoming first-year students admitted into either Dental Hygiene, Nursing lower division or Public Health majors.
- Priority given to first generation college students.
- Students who are committed to attending scheduled programming outside of the classroom.
- Students who are interested in genuine engagement with peers, faculty and staff.
- Students who are participating in Metro College Program or Cardinal Academy summer program should not apply.
- Contact the coordinators listed below for your respective majors.
What are the member benefits?
- Opportunities to meet with faculty and upperclassmen outside of the classroom setting.
- Academic programming outside of the classroom designed to assist you in becoming a more confident, well rounded, and successful student.
- Social activities to assist you in networking with UofL community members, other students within your major, as well as health-science students in related majors, and faculty.
- Pre-registered, shared course blocks to build academic community within the group.
- Major specific programming provided to help expand your understanding of academic and career pathways.
- Opportunity to build a small support group within your major and career interest area.
This LLC is housed in Community Park.
For any additional questions related to the Health Science LLC, please contact the following coordinators for your major: Dental Hygiene: Sara Dunaway at email@example.com, Nursing: Jessica Roussel at firstname.lastname@example.org, Public Health: Jenna El-Masri at Jenna.email@example.com