Move-In Day 2020
Message from Campus Housing
We are so excited to welcome you to campus! We encourage you to review our Fall 2020-Spring 2021 Housing Operations to access important details about the measures we will be taking to ensure your safety, health, and well-being.
This year's move-in will look slightly different. In order to support a healthy and efficient move-in this year, we are offering two check-in options for all of our residence halls: move-in and drop-and-go. Multiple dates and times will be available for each check-in option. Please only choose one type of appointment option.
Prior to scheduling either a one-hour drop-and-go or one-hour move-in appointment, be sure to review this page in its entirety to learn more about each option as well as two mandatory tasks which you will need to complete prior to scheduling an appointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon, and go Cards!
Complete two pre-arrival tasks.
All residents arriving on campus must complete two pre-arrival tasks.
- Review and electronically sign an addendum to your Fall 2020-Spring 2021 license agreement by logging into the Housing Portal. You will then be automatically prompted to review and electronically sign the addendum.
- After signing the addendum, visit louisvillestudents-ky.safecolleges.com/ to complete a resident health module. Log in using your ULink User ID and Password. Under "My Assignments," select "Coronavirus: Managing Stress and Anxiety."While UofL students may have additional modules, this is the only required module for scheduling a move-in or drop-and-go appointment with Campus Housing.
- After completing both tasks above, please allow one full business day before logging into the Housing Portal to schedule a one-hour appointment option.
Choose ONE apointment option and schedule a one-hour appointment.
Option 1: Drop-and-Go
- If you choose the drop-and-go option, you will be able to check into your room assignment and move your items into your room. However, you will be asked to depart the hall at the end of your one-hour appointment and will be able to re-access your room beginning on the first day of your hall's move-in. Learn more here.
Option 2: Move-In
- If you choose the one-hour move-in option, you will be able to check into your room assignment and move your items into your room. You will be able to stay in your room or check out our Welcome Week activities around campus following your appointment. Learn more here.
Learn more about Move-In 2020.
View your hall's "Housing Herald" newsletter with full details, a hall-specific traffic map, and a message from your new Hall Director here!
Masks or face coverings required
Per University guidelines, all individuals arriving on campus are required to wear a mask or face covering.
Upgraded bin check-out system
- To ensure the health of all, we will be implementing a vinyl bin check-out system at each hall. Each resident may check out one bin during their drop-and-go or move-in appointment, and cleaning supplies will be available for residents to use. Volunteers will not be able to assist in cleaning the bins or transporting personal items.
Getting Here, Unloading, and Parking
Temporary parking will be available during both drop-and-go and move-in for those who display a temporary parking pass at their hall's unloading locations.
Access essential move-in resources.
As you prepare for your transition to campus, we hope you will take advantage of these printable move-in resources:
- Temporary parking pass for unloading during appointment
- Move-in traffic map for your residence hall.
- "What to bring" checklist
- Hall basics guide
- Bedding, room decor, and more