Move-In Day 2020
Message from Campus Housing
We are so excited to welcome you to campus! We encourage you to review our Fall 2020-Spring 2021 Housing Operations to access important details about the measures we will be taking to ensure your safety, health, and well-being.
This year's move-in will look slightly different. In order to support a healthy and efficient move-in this year, we are offering two check-in options for all of our residence halls: move-in and drop-and-go. Multiple dates and times will be available for each check-in option. Please only choose one type of appointment option.
Prior to scheduling either a drop-and-go or move-in appointment, be sure to review this page in its entirety to learn more about each option as well as two mandatory tasks which you will need to complete prior to scheduling an appointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon, and go Cards!
Complete two pre-arrival tasks.
All residents arriving on campus must complete two pre-arrival tasks.
- Review and electronically sign an addendum to your Fall 2020-Spring 2021 license agreement by logging into the Housing Portal. You will then be automatically prompted to review and electronically sign the addendum.
- After signing the addendum, visit louisvillestudents-ky.safecolleges.com/ and to complete a resident health module. Log in using your ULink User ID and Password. Under "My Assignments," select "Coronavirus: Managing Stress and Anxiety." While UofL students may have additional courses, this is the only required course for Campus Housing.
- After completing both tasks above, please allow one full business day before logging into the Housing Portal beginning July 9 to schedule an appointment.
Choose an option and schedule an appointment starting July 9 after 5:00 p.m.
- To ensure that physical distancing is possible as we transition to campus, the availability of appointment times in the scheduling system and limited to 10 resident per hour. In order to accommodate this number, we have extended the appointment options over a large period of dates and times.
- Each resident may bring up to two individuals to assist with their drop-and-go or move-in.
Option 1: Drop-and-Go
- If you choose the drop-and-go option, you will be able to check into your room assignment and move your items into your room. However, you will be asked to depart the hall at the end of your appointment and will be able to re-access ("move into") your room beginning on August 12 (August 11 for University Pointe and Cardinal Towne residents). Limited staff will be available to assist you with checking in, and you will be able to check out a move-in bin for loading your items. You will not be able to schedule a move-in appointment if you take advantage of this option. However, you may still proceed to move additional items into your room during move-in days. Learn more here.
Option 2: Move-In
- If you choose the move-in option, you will be able to check into your room assignment and move your items into your room. You will be able to stay in your room or check out our Welcome Week activities around campus following your appointment. You may access your room at any time after your appointment. Volunteer staff will be available to assist with your "hands-off" needs, and you will be able to check out a move-in bin for loading your items. You will not be able to schedule a drop-and-go appointment if you take advantage of this option.Learn more here.
Multiple dates and times will be available for check-in, and these will vary by residence hall.
Learn more about Move-In 2020.
Per University guidelines, all move-in participants are required to wear a mask or face covering.
- The University will provide all students one washable mask, and these will be distributed upon your arrival. However, we highly encourage residents to bring additional masks.
- A limited supply of disposable masks will be available for move-in participants who do not have access to one.
"Cards Crew" volunteers will be available to assist with your "hands-off" needs August 12-14.
- To ensure the health of all, we will be implementing a bin check-in and cleaning station outside each hall. Each resident may check out one bin during their drop-and-go or move-in appointment, and cleaning supplies will be available for residents to use. Volunteers will not be able to assist in cleaning the bins or transporting personal items.
Temporary parking will be available during both drop-and-go and move-in for those who display a temporary parking pass at their residence hall. Free parking at Cardinal Stadium and shuttles will be available August 12-14. Learn more about parking here.
We highly encourage all residents to visit the Cardinal Card Office prior to their appointment in order to collect their Student ID Card.
Access essential move-in resources.
As you prepare for your transition to campus, we hope you will take advantage of these printable move-in resources:
- Temporary parking pass for unloading during appointment
- Move-in traffic map for your residence hall.
- "What to bring" checklist
- Hall basics guide
- Bedding, room decor, and more