Work on assigned floors in the residence halls. Responsibilities include: Helping and advising students individually and in groups. Providing initiative and leadership in developing opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and social growth of residents. Assisting in the administration of the residence hall. Supporting and implementing policies. 13.25 hours at $7.60 hr. Skills learned in this position are:
- Learn leadership skills through structured and on-the-job experience.
- Identify individual strengths and areas of improvement.
- Develop problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Learn the importance of ethical leadership.
- Learn the importance of creating social networks and working as a team.
- Develop the skills to empower others through involvement .
- Learn to bring people together in a community that recognizes individual differences and talents.
- Become knowledgeable of university and community resources.
- Become knowledgeable of financial support system that assist with pursuit of academic program.
- Develop understanding of responsibilities associated with a job commitment.