What do Desk Assistants do?
The role of the desk assistant is to assist in maintaining security in the residence halls and apartments.
- Maintaining security,
- Admitting students to the hall,
- Reporting and responding to emergency situations,
- Customer service
- Enforcing policy, and
- Completing other administrative responsibilities.
What are the qualifications to become a Desk Assistant?
- Strong desire to work with a diverse population
- Ability to work independently
- Effective individual and group communication skills
- Knowledge of University and Housing and Residence Life policies
- Enrolled as a full-time student at U of L Good judicial standing with the University and the Housing and Residence Life Dept.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher.
Why be a Desk Assistant?
Desk Assistants are paid up to $7.60 per hour and work up to 30 hours per week during the academic year. There are also opportunities for summer employment. If you are interested in applying for a desk assistant position, please come by the Housing Office and complete an application. Make sure that you attach your class schedule for the period for which you are applying.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the position?
If you are interested in the DA position, please call call 852-6636.