What do Desk Assistants do?
The role of the desk assistant is to assist in maintaining security in the residence halls and apartments.
- Maintaining security,
- Admitting students to the hall,
- Reporting and responding to emergency situations,
- Customer service,
- Enforcing policy, and
- Completing other administrative responsibilities.
What are the qualifications to become a Desk Assistant?
- Strong desire to work with a diverse population,
- Ability to work independently,
- Effective individual and group communication skills,
- Knowledge of the University policies and Housing and Residence Life policies,
- Enrollment as a full-time student at U of L,
- Good judicial standing with the University and the Housing and Residence Life Dept., and
- 2.0 GPA or higher.
Why be a Desk Assistant?
Desk Assistants are paid up to $7.60 per hour and work up to 30 hours per week during the academic year. There are also opportunities for summer employment. If you are interested in applying for a desk assistant position, please visit louisville.eRezLife.com, create an account, and then click on "job postings" to see what opportunities are available
Who do I contact if I have questions about the position?
If you are interested in the DA position, please call call 852-6636.