Residence Students Association
Resident Student Association
The goal of RSA is to make residence life an unforgettable experience, to ensure that residents' voices are heard and to ensure the suggestions of students are given consideration. RSA is a liaison among the residence hall students, Housing and Residence Life and the university community. Other interesting facts about RSA include:
- RSA provides programming on a campus-wide basis.
- All residence hall students are automatic members.
- Executive officers are elected in the spring semester. They include a president, vice president, treasurer, and a public relations officer.
- In addition to the above elected officers, RSA now also has two additional positions open. These are:
- The Health Promotion & Safety Officer - a position that has been created to account for every student's need to stay physically and mentally healthy to ensure success in all areas of the university. Our Health officer is specifically trained and certified as a Peer Health Advocate or PHA, meaning that he has the knowledge and tools to empower our campus with the ability to keep itself aware of its wellbeing. The role of the position allows it to freely move between campus groups like Campus Health Services and PEACC while still having a direct link to students, giving them yet another way that RSA can advocate for their voices and meet their needs.
- The Sustainability Representative - This position on our campus stems from our school's desire to stay "green" and committed to our environment and personal and campus wide responsibilities. The representative works with the Facilities Director in the housing office and has the opportunity to serve in many areas including partnership with our campus' already existing RSOs for sustainability as well as sitting on the university's own sustainability committee. This student and many volunteers will spread information to our campus, continuing the University of Louisville's dedication to our community and region through programming and service projects.
- Partial room remission is offered to RSA elected officers.
Three Sub Groups of RSA are:
- Each hall has its own hall government responsible for programming and addressing areas of concern for the residents of that hall.
- Hall council representatives are elected by popular vote in each hall in the breginning of the fall semester.
- The representatives manage funds for events and make purchases of equipment needed for the hall.
- Watch for signs about meetings and elections posted in your hall.
National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) - Cardinal Chapter
- Recognizes those students living in university housing who have exhibited outstanding service and important leadership in the advancement of residence life at UofL.
- Supports and encourages activities which develop leadership qualities in residents and coordinates the year-end recognition ceremony.
- Induction ocurs at a special ceremony in the spring semester.
- Dues provide a certificate and pin for each active member.
- Members are involved in fund raising and community service and are encouranged to attend annual student housing conferences.
- Offers students opportunities to increase knowledge and understanding of what they can do to contribute to positive race relations.
- Provides a unique forum to come together through open and frank discussions on controversial issues.
- Each residence hall has a MOVED representative.