Temporary Housing Application
Temporary housing is available to Summer 2020 residents who have a Fall 2020 housing assignment on Belknap campus and currently reside in University Pointe, Cardinal Towne, or Bettie Johnson Hall. Residents seeking temporary housing usually transition to a temporary space because they need a place to stay after August 1at 10:00 a.m. (the end of their Fall 2019-Spring 2020 License Agreement).
Applying for Temporary Housing
You may now complete the temporary housing application in the Housing Portal at louisville.edu/housing.
- If you are approved for temporary housing, you will be able to request the date/time on which you check into your new assignment.
- The tentative cost of temporary housing is $271.32, which has been calculated based on the nightly rate of a Unitas Traditional Double price ($22.61) for 12 nights from August 1 through August 13.
- Regardless of which days you choose within the August 1-13 period, you will still be responsible for paying the flat fee indicated above.
Temporary Housing Timeline
- Monday, June 22: Application launches in the Housing Portal
- Wednesday, July 22 by 5:00 p.m.: Application closes
- Friday, July 24: Latest date on which applicants are notified of a decision
- Monday, July 27 by 10:00 a.m.: Last date on which you may cancel your application
- Monday, July 27-Friday, July 31 between 2 p.m.-10 p.m.: Transition week to temporary housing assignments in Unitas
- Saturday, August 1 at 10:00 a.m.: Must be officially checked out of your current summer assignment
- Sunday, August 9: Transition to your fall assignment (dates and times may vary)
- Monday, August 10 by 10:00 a.m.: Must be officially moved out of Unitas and checked into your fall assignment