Fall 2020 Housing Application Procedure for First-Year Students
Find Your #CardinalHome With Us!
Congratulations on your admission to UofL, and welcome to our family! Now that you are officially a Cardinal, it is time to find your #CardinalHome with us. To get started, we encourage you to review the various housing options available here on campus as well as the policies and financial commitments associated with each option. We truly want you to succeed throughout your time here, which is why we encourage you to explore the diverse housing communities that make our campus so vibrant.
In accordance with UofL’s first-year live-on requirement, first-year Cardinals are expected to live in an on-campus residence hall. If you plan to reside with your parent(s) and/or guardian(s) for the 2020-21 Academic Year, please review the First-Year Live-On Policy and complete the First-Year Live-On Exemption Request and associated steps. Moreover, in accordance with our university’s Second-Year Residency Requirement, you will be expected to live in an on-campus residence hall or affiliated property during your second year with us.
Here are some important dates. The Fall 2020 Housing Application has officially launched! Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation that you have successfully submitted your housing application. During Spring 2020, you will receive an email to your UofL student email account which specifies a day and time during which you may participate in the room selection process. The room selection process will involve hall and room selection. The earlier you complete your application, the earlier you will be able to select your room preference during the room selection period. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible! The priority deadline for submitting your housing application is 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, February 1st, 2020.
An Opportunity You Don’t Want to Miss!
A variety of Living Learning (LLC)/Themed Community (TC) options are available for the 2020-21 Academic Year! To learn more, we encourage you to review the LLC/TC webpages and reach out to any LLC advisor with questions. Once you're ready, you may submit the LLC/TC application available in the Housing Portal on December 1st, 2019.
How to Apply for Housing
In order to get started with the housing application, please ensure that the following are available:
- Your unique seven-digit student ID number
- Your UofL email address (email ending in “@louisville.edu”)
- The full name and student ID number of your preferred roommate
- A credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or pre-paid) for submitting the $100 application fee
- The email address(es) of your parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s)
- Parent or legal guardian for co-signature (if you are younger than 18 at the time of filling out the application)
APPLY @ LOUISVILLE.EDU/HOUSING & CLICK “APPLY FOR HOUSING”
Did you forget to submit your application fee?
Applications are considered incomplete until the application fee payment has been submitted. To submit your application fee, please take the following actions:
- Visit the Housing Portal located on the UofL Campus Housing homepage
- Enter your 7 digit Student ID number and leave the password field blank
- Click “Forgot Password” to have a temporary password sent to your email. You will then enter the password into the password field and click “Login”
- Click “Housing Application” and then the “Fall 2020 Application” and this will re-enter you into the application and you will be able to complete the payment process
If you have any issues with the payment process, contact us on our service account at email@example.com with your full name and student ID number.
Still Have Questions? Reach Out to Us!
We are so excited for you to find your #CardinalHome with us. If you have any questions or concerns throughout this process, please reach out to us:
Online chat: uofl.me/housing-chat