High School Students
Eligibility & Admissions
To be eligible for the Honors Program, incoming freshmen must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 29 ACT or 1300 SAT (CR+M)
- High school grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 (weighted or unweighted)
Admission to the University Honors Program is competitive and you will be considered for acceptance based on the strengths of your application and academic profile.
If you are a high school senior who plans to attend the University of Louisville, you will receive an invitation e-mail to apply for the Honors Program if you meet the above eligibility criteria. You must complete the online application provided in the invitation no later than January 15, 2016 to be guaranteed acceptance to the University Honors Program.
Honors Incoming Freshman Profile:
- Average high school GPA: 3.91
- Average ACT composite score: 30
- Average Honors class size: 14.7 students
- Honors freshmen living on-campus: 87%
- Honors freshmen receiving a scholarship: 99.78%
- Number of incoming freshmen accepted into Honors in Fall 2014: 453
Scheduling a Visit
Academically talented students with at least a 27 composite ACT or 1210 SAT (CR + M) and a 3.5 high school GP are encouraged to set up a Shadow Visit. During this visit, you can:
- Shadow a current Honors student to class, tour campus, and have a complimentary lunch;
- Meet with a representative from the University Honors Program;
- Meet with a faculty member from your area of academic interest;
- Meet with an admissions counselor to review scholarship programs.
To schedule a shadow visit, please visit louisville.edu/admissions/visit/shadow. At least two weeks notice is required to schedule a shadow visit.