High School Students
Eligibility & Admissions
To be eligible for the Honors Program, incoming freshmen must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 28 ACT or 1250 SAT (CR+M)
- High school grade point average (GPA) of 3.5
- Although the priority deadline of January 31, 2015 has passed, we are still considering applications from first-year students for the 2015-2016 school year
Admission to the University Honors Program is competitive and you will be considered for acceptance based on the strengths of your application and academic profile. For more information on how to apply click here.
If you are a high school senior who plans to attend the University of Louisville, you will receive an invitation e-mail to apply for the Honors Program if you meet the above eligibility criteria. You must complete the online application provided in the invitation no later than January 31 to be guaranteed acceptance to the University Honors Program.
- Students who are eligible, but opt not to apply by the deadline, may apply to Honors at the conclusion of their first semester at the University of Louisville. At that time, students should have earned a cumulative University GPA of 3.35 or higher.
- Students who are not eligible at the time of admission may apply to Honors at any time after their first semester at the University of Louisville with a minimum University GPA of 3.35 or higher.
Honors Incoming Freshman Profile:
- Average high school GPA: 3.91
- Average ACT composite score: 30
- Average Honors class size: 14.7 students
- Honors freshmen living on-campus: 87%
- Honors freshmen receiving a scholarship: 99.78%
- Number of incoming freshmen accepted into Honors in Fall 2014: 453
Scheduling a Visit
Academically talented students with at least a 27 composite ACT or 1210 SAT (CR + M) and a 3.5 high school GP are encouraged to set up a Shadow Visit. During this visit, you can:
- Shadow a current Honors student to class, tour campus, and have a complimentary lunch;
- Meet with a representative from the University Honors Program;
- Meet with a faculty member from your area of academic interest;
- Meet with an admissions counselor to review scholarship programs.
To schedule a shadow visit, please visit louisville.edu/admissions/visit/shadow. At least two weeks notice is required to schedule a shadow visit.