High School Students
Eligibility & Admissions
To be eligible for the Honors Program, incoming freshmen must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 28 ACT or 1250 SAT (CR+M)
- High school grade point average (GPA) of 3.5
- Submit a completed online application by May 1 deadline
If you are a high school senior who plans to attend the University of Louisville, you will receive a letter of invitation to apply for the Honors Program if you meet the above eligibility criteria. You must complete the online application at the Internet address provided in the invitation no later than May 1.
- Students who are eligible, but opt not to apply by the May 1 deadline, may apply to Honors at the conclusion of their first semester at the University of Louisville. At that time, students should have earned a cumulative University GPA of 3.35 or higher.
- Students who are not eligible at the time of admission may apply to Honors at any time after their first semester at the University of Louisville with a minimum University GPA of 3.35 or higher.
Honors Incoming Freshman Profile:
- Average high school GPA: 3.88
- Average ACT composite score: 30.25
- Average Honors class size: 18.2 students
- Honors freshmen living on-campus: 82%
- Honors freshmen receiving a scholarship: 99%
- Number of incoming freshmen accepted into Honors in Fall 2010: 383
Scheduling a Visit
Academically talented students with at least a 27 composite ACT or 1210 SAT (CR + M) and a 3.5 high school GP are encouraged to set up a Shadow Visit. During this visit, you can:
- Shadow a current Honors student to class, tour campus, and have a complimentary lunch;
- Meet with a representative from the University Honors Program;
- Meet with a faculty member from your area of academic interest;
- Meet with an admissions counselor to review scholarship programs.
To schedule a shadow visit, please contact Megan Adams in the University of Louisville Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.7540. At least two weeks notice is required to schedule a shadow visit.