High School Students
Eligibility & Admission
To be considered for admission to the University Honors Program, entering students must meet the minimum eligibility requirements and submit an online application by December 15. Eligible students will be e-mailed application information beginning in September. Admission to the University Honors Program is competitive and you will be considered for acceptance based on the strengths of your application and academic profile.
Among the criteria considered for selection are:
- Evidence of leadership, service, or research;
- High school GPA (minimum 3.5; weighted or unweighted);
- Rigor of high school curriculum, including Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or any college-level courses completed;
- Standardized test scores (minimum 29 ACT composite or 1300 SAT - CR + M).
All applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding selection decisions the week of February 1. Students selected for the Honors Program must maintain a minimum 3.35 university GPA and enroll in Honors courses each academic year. To apply online, visit louisville.edu/admissions/aid/scholarships.
If you are a high school senior who plans to attend the University of Louisville, you will receive an invitation e-mail to apply for the Honors Program if you meet the above eligibility criteria. You must complete the online application provided in the invitation no later than December 15, 2016 to be considered for acceptance to the University Honors Program.
Honors Incoming Freshman Profile:
- Average high school GPA: 4.26
- Average ACT composite score: 31
- Average Honors class size: 14.7 students
- Honors freshmen living on-campus: 91%
- Honors freshmen receiving a scholarship: 99.6%
- Number of incoming freshmen accepted into Honors in Fall 2014: 453
Scheduling a Visit
Academically talented students with at least a 29 composite ACT or 1300 SAT (CR + M) and a 3.5 high school GPA are encouraged to set up a Shadow Visit. During this visit, you can:
- Shadow a current Honors student to class, tour campus, and have a complimentary lunch;
- Meet with a representative from the University Honors Program;
- Meet with a faculty member from your area of academic interest;
- Meet with an admissions counselor to review scholarship programs.
To schedule a shadow visit, please visit louisville.edu/admissions/visit/shadow. At least two weeks notice is required to schedule a shadow visit.