Rank 1 Program in Instructional Computer Technology (P-12)Major: IT
Degree Awarded: NON
Program Webpage: http://louisville.edu/education/degrees/med-it
- Admission to the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies
- Hold teacher certification and a Masters degree
- Admission to Instructional Technology program (requires EDAP 585: Intro to Educational Technology with B+ minimum or equivalent course/experience)
- Meeting with faculty advisor to discuss KYETS, UofL Program Themes, Conceptual Framework, and ISTE Technology Facilitation Standards
- Set purpose for Rank I program
|Inquiry (Critical Thinker) (3 credit hours)|
|ELFH 600 Introduction to Research Methods and Statistics||3|
|Advocacy (Professional Leader) (3 credit hours)|
|EDAP 677 Teacher Leadership: Mentoring and Coaching||3|
|EDAP 642 Literacy, Learning, and Cultural Differences OR|
|EDSP 618 Instructional Technology for Students with Special Needs|
|Action (Problem Solver) (3 credit hours)|
|EDAP 680 Capstone Seminar 2||3|
|Area of Emphasis (18 credit hours)|
|EDAP 688 Designing a Technology Integrated Curriculum 1||3|
|EDAP 689 Using the Internet in P-12 Teaching 1||3|
|EDAP 587 Teaching and Learning Online 1||3|
|EDAP 601 Teaching with Emerging Technologies 1, 2 ||3|
|EDAP 585 Intro to Education Technology: Integrating Technology into Instruction||3|
|EDAP 624 Curriculum Theory||3|
|EDAP 629 Teaching Mathematics with Technology, P-8||3|
|EDAP 687 Literacy, Teaching and Technology||3|
|Course approved by Advisor|
|Minimum total credit hours:||30|
|1 Denotes courses that are required for the Instructional Technology endorsement.|
|2 Denotes courses that must be taken in the last 6 credit hours of program study.|
Mid-Point Assessment: Review program on KY Experienced Teacher standards, U of L Program Themes, Conceptual Framework, and ISTE Technology Facilitation Standards (2002) Half of required KETS and ISTE Technology Facilitation standards and indicators met within portfolio work.
Degree Assessment: Minimum GPA of 3.0; no grade lower than “C”, acceptable portfolio.
- All Endorsement coursework completed.
- No lower than 3.0 GPA in endorsement courses, no credit accepted for grade lower than C.
- Review of Portfolio which includes Post-Program Self Assessment.
Chair of the Middle/Secondary Education Department
Coordinator of the Kentucky Teacher Internship Program
Coordinator of Alternative Certification Program
Assistant Chair of Middle/Secondary Education Department
Assistant Chair, Middle/Secondary Education Department
Director of Gheens Science Hall and Rauch Planetarium
Director of Louisville Writing Project