Master of Education in Instructional TechnologyMajor: IT
Degree Awarded: MED
Program Webpage: http://louisville.edu/education/degrees/med-it
- Teaching certification in B-12 Area.
- Admission to M.Ed. in Instructional Technology program (which requires completion of EDAP 585: intro to Educational Technology with B+ or higher or equivalent course/experience).
- Meeting with faculty advisor to discuss Kentucky Experienced Teacher Standards, U of L Program Themes, Conceptual Framework, and ISTE Technology Facilitation Standards.
|Research (3 hours)|
|ELFH 600 Introduction to Research Methods and Statistics||3|
|Leadership (3 hours)|
|EDAP 677 Teacher Leadership: Mentoring and Coaching||3|
|Diversity (3 hours)|
|EDAP 642 Literacy Learning and Cultural Differences OR||3|
|EDSP 618 Instructional Technology for Students with Special Needs||3|
|Area of Emphasis (15 hours)|
|EDAP 688 Designing Technology Rich Curricula 1||3|
|EDAP 690 Teaching with Multimedia Tools 1||3|
|EDAP 587 Teaching and Learning Online 1||3|
|EDAP 601 Teaching with Emerging Technologies 1, 2 ||3|
|EDAP 680 Capstone Seminar2||3|
|Electives (9 hours)|
|EDAP 585 Intro to Education Technology: Integrating Technology into Instruction||3|
|EDAP 624 Curriculum Theory||3|
|EDAP 629 Teaching Mathematics with Technology, P-8||3|
|EDAP 687 Literacy, Teaching and Technology||3|
|EDAP 689 Using the Internet in P-12 Teaching 1||3|
|Course approved by Advisor|
|Minimum total hours||33|
|1 Denotes Courses that are required for the endorsement.|
|2 Denotes course that must be taken in the last 6 hours of program study.|
Mid-Point Assessment: Review program on KY Experienced Teacher standards, U of L Program Themes, Conceptual Framework, and ISTE Technology Facilitation Standards (2002) Half of required KETS and ISTE Technology Facilitation standards and indicators met within portfolio work.
Degree Assessment: Minimum GPA of 3.0; no grade lower than “C”, acceptable portfolio.
1. All Endorsement coursework completed.
2. No lower than 3.0 GPA in endorsement courses, no credit accepted for grade lower than C.
3. Review of Portfolio which includes Post-Program Self Assessment.