Master of Education in Educational Administration Professional Certificate for Instructional LeadershipMajor: EDAD
Degree Awarded: MED
Program Webpage: http://louisville.edu/education/degrees/elfh
PROGRAM HAS BEEN SUSPENDED BY EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS BOARD; NO NEW APPLICANTS ARE BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME
Program Admission Requirements
- Evidence of bachelor's degree.
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- Classroom teaching certificate.
- General Test Section score on the Graduate Record Examination of 800 (V + Q).
- A 2.75 grade point average on a 4.0 scale on all collegiate preparation.
- Successful completion of the Kentucky Teacher Internship Program, as provided in 704 KAR 20:045, and three years of full-time teaching experience.
|ELFH 607 Principles of Educational Leadership||3|
|ELFH 608 K-12 Leadership||3|
|ELFH 609 Internship in Educational Leadership||3|
|ELFH 612 Human Resource Management||3|
|ELFH 620 Legal Issues in P-12 Education||3|
|ELFH 604 Instructional Leadership & Supervision||3|
|Cognate Area (Must be approved by the advisor.)|
|ELFH 600 Introduction to Res. Methods & Statistics||3 *|
|ELFH 603 Leadership in a Reform Environment||3|
|Minimum Total Hours||30|
*Must be taken in first nine hours. This program completes ONLY Level I certification for principalship
Program Completion Requirements
- A grade point average of 3.0 in all courses counting on this program.
- Successful completion of a portfolio. Information about the portfolio is found in "Guidelines for Portfolio Completion Requirements," available from you advisor.
- Satisfactory completion of the Kentucky assessment program for principal certification. Current information about the Kentucky assessment program may be obtained in the Education Advising Center (Room 140). As of October 1, 1999, assessment includes: 1) a minimum score of at least 85% on the Kentucky Specialty Test of Instructional and Administrative Practices; and 2) a minimum score of at least 155 on the School Leaders Licensure Assessment.
- Successful completion of the Kentucky Principal Internship Program.
Interim Dean, Superintendent in Residence
Instructor and Program Manager