Graduate Student Council Travel Grants
GSC Travel Grant Announcements
The Winter & Spring Travel Grant application will open on Monday January 18, 2021 at 8:00am. Because of the University's ban on non-essential student travel, the Winter & Spring 2021 Travel Grant will only cover membership and registration fees for virtual conferences and academic workshops* between January 1st and June 30th.
*Please note this is a new addition to the GSC Travel Grant.
- After submitting your travel grant application you will receive a system generated e-mail of submission confirmation. If you do not receive this e-mail, your application was not received by the GSC Travel Director. You should resubmit your application.
You will be notified of your funding status (e.g. approved, waitlist, etc.) through the e-mail address you provide in your application. Please ensure the e-mail you provide it accurate.
- Up to $200 for graduate students attending a conference or workshop (not presenting).
- Up to $350 for graduate students presenting at a conference.
7 Easy Steps to Apply for GSC Travel Funding:
1. Check Here to Make Sure Your Department is Active!
Your department must be listed as either Active or Probation before you will be approved or reimbursed. If your department is listed as Probation or Inactive, please contact your representative immediately!
2. To APPLY, Please Follow the Link Below.
3. If awarded, you will receive a personalized award letter by the email address you provided in your application.
4. Travel to Destination* and Keep Itemized Receipts
- Airfare/Rental Car/Transport
- Conference Registration**
- Other travel related costs with GSC director approval (ALL RECEIPTS must be itemized)
5. AFTER TRAVEL, Gather Required Documentation & submit for approval to the GSC Director of Travel (email@example.com).
Required documentation includes:
- Completion of the GSC Travel Reimbursement Form
- GSC Travel Award Letter (email)
- Electronic copies of ALL itemized receipts for which you are seeking reimbursement
- Proof of Presentation (if applicable, see below)
6.Submit ALL documentation electronically.
- No paper documents will be accepted.
- IF receiving funds from other sources, you should schedule an appointment with your UBM (or comparable department financial administrator) to discuss what the other sources will reimburse and what the GSC will cover. GSC funds should be the last applied. UBM should Email documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IF NO other funds/funding source, proceed with direction for electronic submission (link provided in #5, above).
PLEASE check here to make sure your department's status is listed as Active or Probation. If your department is listed as Probation or Inactive, please contact your representative immediately! Students from departments that are Inactive are ineligible to receive reimbursement from the GSC Travel Fund.
7. Obtain Funds.
Funds are applied to your UofL student account, you must have your Nelnet preferences for disbursement of residual aid set up. More information about how to setup these preferences can be found on the Bursars website.
**Disclaimers and FAQ**
*WE NO LONGER USE THE TEV or T & E online system
*The University of Louisville is required to adhere to all federal, state, and institutional guidelines. If your aid package is adjusted as a result, you will receive notification in your university email. Policy information is available online.
*The Administrative Guide for the Disbursal of Research/Travel Awards can be found here.
*The GSC's Travel Reimbursement Procedures can be found here.
*If you have any remaining questions, please check our FAQ page. If your question remains unanswered, please email email@example.com.