GSC Research Grants
- The Graduate Student Council has a fund to support graduate student research. This fund is intended to assist students who face expenses related to research, such as equipment costs, acquiring data sets, etc. Priority is given to students without funds for their research needs, who would otherwise be expected to pay out of pocket.
- The GSC Research Grants are not intended for travel use. Please apply for a Travel Grant if you need money to attend a conference. However, if your travel is related to acquiring data, you may apply for a research grant.
- Students may request up to $500 maximum. The research fund committee reserves the right to fund partial or full grants.
- Those who are awarded a GSC Research Grant will be featured at the GSC Regional Research Conference and will be required to present either a poster or a short (10-12 minute) oral presentation on their work. This is a mandatory requirement of receiving a GSC Research Grant.
- At the conclusion of the research project (or at the end of the academic year, if the project is ongoing), the recipient of the Research Grant agrees to submit a brief but detailed Research Grant Report to the Research Fund committee on the research undertaken with the assistance of the grant, and to recognize the Graduate Student Council's support in any publication that results from this research. Students who do not submit their research report will not be eligible for future GSC Research Grants.
- Questions? Contact the GSC Director of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding priority will be given for the following reasons:
- First time applicants
- If monetary help is NOT received from School/Department; Out of pocket expense
- Relevance to graduation
- Timeline of study (i.e. progression or status of study)
- Presentation of Application package (i.e. organization, clarity, professionalism)
- The grant is up to $500 for academic year 2019-2020 and will be transferred to the student's department.
- No reimbursements will be considered.
- No single student can receive a GSC Research Grant more than once per academic year, and priority in subsequent years will be given to first-time applicants. If you have already received a Research Grant, you must complete this formto be considered again.
- Any incentives utilized for research must be purchased through the Controller's office on SPEED prepaid cards. No gift cards (i.e. VISA, grocery, restaurant) can be purchased with this award.
- The student is responsible for assuring compliance with regulations regarding human and animal research and all other university research guidelines.
- The GSC Research Grant is not intended for conference travel. For more information see GSC Travel Grants.
- Grant monies awarded will be transferred to the student's respective department to be disbursed according to University Policy.
- Equipment and tangible items purchased will become the property of the student's department upon their graduation or termination.
- Recipients of the Research Grant will be asked to sign a statement acknowledging these Disclaimers.
|First time ap||Y/N|
|Follows application guidelines||Y/N|
|Timeline of Study||1--5|
|Relevance to graduation||1--5|
|Contribution to research||1--5|
|Strength of Letter of Support||1--5|
|Organization and clarity||1--5|