The CGeMM Travel Award Program has been temporarily suspended until further notice. We appologize for any inconvenience.
The Center for Genetics and Molecular Medicine (CGeMM) invites applications for travel awards up to $1,000 for the purpose of attending national or international scientific meetings to gain expertise in the study of genetics and molecular medicine.
An eligible candidate for a Travel Award will:
- -Be a medical, basic science or public health student or a recent Ph.D. with no more than three years post-doctoral experience who is participating in research in the area of genetics and molecular medicine
- -Be a student or postdoctoral fellow working in the laboratory of a current CGeMM member
- -Plan to attend and present a poster or oral presentation of an accepted abstract at a scientific meeting where they or others will present work in the areas of genetics or molecular medicine.
Applicants are required to:
• Submit a completed application to CGeMM office (hard copy and electronic) prior to attendance of the meeting and following the schedule detailed below.
• Provide a short description of the purpose of the travel and its relevance to advancing the applicant’s research (no longer than 1 page)
• Provide a curriculum vitae
• Provide a copy of the abstract submitted to the conference or meeting and of the acceptance notice
• A travel and expense budget including research funding and other sources of travel support
• A copy of registration papers for the scientific meeting
• A letter of support from their immediate supervisor indicating how the work will benefit from their travel to the scientific meeting
Applications must be submitted electronically as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, one hard copy must be delivered by 5:00 PM on the deadline to:
CGeMM Travel Award Program
Attn: Denise A. Hand
UofL, HSC Research Tower (Bldg A) Room 616
Louisville, KY 40292
Deadlines for applications are 5:00 PM on:
January 1 for travel in February-April
April 1 for travel in May-July
July 1 for travel in August-October
October 1 for travel in November-January
*If the deadline falls on a non-business day, the following business day will be the adjusted deadline date
Applicants will receive an email acknowledgment of receipt of application within 5 days. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The CGeMM Education/Curriculum Committee reviews Travel Award applications and makes funding recommendations.
Travel Award Application (link)