UofL to honor Salem George as 2010 Alumnus of the Year
Oct. 4, 2010
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Salem George, a physician and civic leader, will be honored Oct. 7 as the University of Louisville's 2010 Alumnus of the Year.
A dinner and ceremony to honor George and 10 Alumni Fellows will begin at 5:30 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 830 Phillips Lane.
George earned a bachelor's degree from UofL in 1955 and went on to complete his medical degree in 1959. As a board-certified family physician, he has provided healthcare for residents in central Kentucky for 51 years and served on numerous civic and professional boards, including UofL's Board of Trustees of which he is currently vice chair.
The Alumnus of the Year Award is the highest honor bestowed by the university's alumni association. George and his wife, Eva, live in Lebanon and have five children.
Those being honored as Alumni Fellows at the event are:
- Maria L. Bouvette, College of Business
- Carlton G. Brown, School of Nursing
- William E. Collins, School of Dentistry
- Barbara B. Lewis, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law
- Veloris A. "Sonny" Marshall III, J.B. Speed School of Engineering
- Timothy H. Moseley, Raymond A. Kent School of Social Work
- Mark F. Newman, School of Medicine
- Monica K. Pearson, College of Arts and Sciences
- Lois C. Adams-Rodgers, College of Education and Human Development
- David K. Updegraff, School of Music
To see full profiles of all Alumni Fellows, go to http://louisville.edu/alumni/fellows.
For more about the event, see http://louisville.edu/alumni/homecoming/ or contact Thomas Dennis, 502-852-1883.