Free tickets offered as part of UofL Theatre promotion
Aug. 18, 2010
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – UofL Theatre season ticket buyers could win a chance to see free shows at Actors Theatre of Louisville, Broadway Across America, YPAS or Bellarmine University Theatre.
The special promotion is for those who purchase season tickets before Sept. 13. The free ticket drawings will include upcoming local productions such as “The Mystery of Irma Vep,” “Stomp,” “Burn the Floor,” “Big River,” “Achilles in Sparta” and “Hedda Gabler.”
The University of Louisville’s Department of Theatre Arts 2010-11 season productions will feature satire, comedy, ancient tales and drama including:
- “The Colored Museum,” a play by Kentucky-born George C. Wolfe, Sept. 29-Oct. 3, 2010
- “How I Learned to Drive,” by Paula Vogel, Oct. 27-31, 2010
- “Measure for Measure,” by William Shakespeare, Nov. 17-21, 2010
- “A Perfect Wedding,” by Charles Mee, March 2-6, 2011
- “How Orisanmi Chose His Head,” an ancient tale from Nigeria adapted for the stage by Nefertiti Burton, April 13-17, 2011
All plays begin at 8 p.m. with additional 3 p.m. Sunday matinees at The Playhouse, 1911 S. Third St., or the Thrust, 2314 S. Floyd St. Season tickets are $50 for the general public, $45 for UofL employees and seniors and $35 for students.
For more information on performances call 502-852-7682 or visit http://louisville.edu/theatrearts/. For tickets call 502-852-6814.