What is STOMP?
The Student Tutorial Online Module Program (STOMP) is an interactive, educational, and entertaining way for you to learn important information that will help ease your transition into college life! The modules are not only there to help you succeed during your first year, but also all along your path to graduation.
What does STOMP cover?
As part of the academic orientation course that most first year students take in the fall semester, the STOMP modules will inform you and your fellow students about how to get involved in campus activities, the dos and don’ts of interacting with faculty, and information regarding academic policies and procedures- just to name a few of the topics that are covered! Also, just like all the other First Year Initiatives programs, STOMP will help you learn more about the Civic, Academic, Personal, and Social aspects of UofL to help you be successful both inside and outside of the classroom. For more specific information on the offices, programs, policies, and tools mentioned in the STOMP modules, you can check out the listing of STOMP Helpful Links.
When can I start watching the STOMP modules?
The STOMP modules will become available the same day that the CAPS Leader Summer Mentor Program begins. For the 2014 program, that will be July 14.
How do I access the STOMP modules?
- Log into Blackboard, using the same username and password you use to log into ULink and your UofL email.
- Look for a section titled "My Courses" on the right hand side of the page. If you are enrolled in an academic orientation course (like GEN 101, HSS 181, CAMP 100, etc.), it should appear in that section.
- Click on that course, and you will be taken to that course's main page.
- Look in the navigation on the left hand side of the page, and you should see a link to both the STOMP Modules and STOMP Assessments.
- Click on the STOMP Modules link, and you will be taken to a list with a link to each of the eight modules. From there, you can select which module you would like to view.
- After watching each module, click on the STOMP Assessments link and you will be taken to a list with links to the assessments that correspond to each of the eight modules. Be sure to watch each module before you complete the assessment!
I have questions about STOMP. Who do I contact?
If you have questions or need more information, check out the Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) and see if the answer to your question is included. Most questions about STOMP fall into these two categories:
Do you need technical support? Contact Information Technology (IT) at 502-852-7997.
Do you have a question about your quiz or how STOMP will fit into your academic orientation course? Email your instructor. You should be able to find that information in the tab for your academic orientation course in Blackboard.
There is also a lot of helpful information posted in the STOMP Modules and STOMP Assessments tabs, such as where to find a computer lab on campus and how to download Flash in order to watch the modules. If all of these resources we provided you still don't answer your questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.