IRS Tax Transcript
Tax filers can request a transcript, free of charge, of their tax return from the IRS in one of three ways: Online Request, Telephone Request, or Paper Request. In most cases, for electronic tax return filers, 2015 IRS income tax return information is available for the IRS DRT or the IRS Tax Return Transcript within 2–3 weeks after the 2015 electronic IRS income tax return has been accepted by the IRS. Generally, for filers of 2015 paper IRS income tax returns, the 2015 IRS income tax return information is available for the IRS DRT or the IRS Tax Return Transcript within 6–8 weeks after the 2015 paper IRS income tax return has been received by the IRS.
Online Request: (mail option)
- Available on the IRS Website, www.irs.gov.
- Click the “Get A Tax Transcript” link under the “Tools” menu
- Choose the “Get Transcript by Mail” option.
- Make sure to request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript” and NOT the “IRS Tax Account Transcript.”
- Available from the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946
Paper Request Form - IRS Form 4506T-EZ
- IRS Form 4506T-EZ or IRS Form 4506-T