Online Budget Transfer Request Instructions
Online BTR Form
It is understood that the appropriate unit's Dean or Vice President endorses each electronic Budget Transfer Request before the form is submitted to the Office of Budget & Financial Planning.
- College/School/Division (CSD) - University designator for major budget/organizational unit. Select the appropriate unit from the list in the drop-down box.
- Department name and number - The department is the 10-digit number associated with the department name in the PeopleSoft Financials Speedtype Table. Entering a valid department number will autofill the department name.
- Month - Use the drop-down box to select the month the transfer is to be posted in PeopleSoft Financials.
- Fiscal Year - The fiscal year the transfer is to be posted in PeopleSoft Financials.
- Budget Transfer Number - Type BTR, the initiators first and last initials, and the 3-digit number of the form beginning with 001. For example, BTRMT001, BTRMT002, BTRMT003. Please do not repeat numbers during the fiscal year.
- Description of Transfer - Explain the budgetary request to adjust budgets. If additional documentation is needed, please check the "Additional Information" box and include the supporting documentation as an e-mail attachment.
- PCN - If a transfer affects salaries and wages the position control number(s) of the position(s) is required.
- Fund - The 4-digit fund code will autofill when a valid program number is entered.
- Department - PeopleSoft organizational entity (10-digit number). The department number will autofill when a valid program number is entered.
- Program - Cost center in department that is separately budgeted (5-digit code).
- Account Code - Select the appropriate number from the drop-down box. 511000 for salaries, 512000 for fringe benefits, or 500000 for all other transfers.
When selecting 512000 for fringe benefits please reference the following:
- When increasing a salary line from S&E (unit or university reserves), you must provide additional funds for fringe benefits.
- When rebudgeting salary funds from one regular position to another, a fringe adjustment is not needed. The net change will not affect the unit bottom line.
- When requesting new salary funds from Central Administration (Reclassification and Faculty Promotions), no fringe adjustment is needed. Central Administration will allocate a permanent fringe allocation during the new year Budget Development Cycle.
- Current Year Amount - Amount of funds either to add (Budget Increase Information) or deduct (Budget Decrease Information) from the program for the current fiscal year. Show decrease amounts in parenthesis. Use whole dollars only and no dollar signs. The Budget Increase amount must exactly equal the Budget Decrease amount.
- CAR (Continuing Annual Requirement) - Annualized amount of a recurring nature. The same rules described in instruction #13 apply to this item.
- Comment - A brief statement describing the nature of the transaction (for example, History to Geology).
Forward the transfer to your assigned Policy and Budget Analyst as an email attachment.
If you have any questions concerning the use of this form, please call the Office of the VP for Finance at 852-6166.