To apply for GTA funding , Jan. 5 of each year
All other admissions are on a rolling
basis. All materials should be submitted
at least a month prior to the start of the
term in which you hope to enroll. (i.e., for
Fall 2012, the date would be Aug.1, 2012)
To apply, first complete the online application process to the university. Directions are found here: http://graduate.louisville.edu/apply-for-admission.html
THEN, send the following by mail to : Graduate Admissions, UofL, Louisville KY, 40292.
- Complete official transcripts of previous undergraduate and graduate work; (must be by postal mail)
- Two (2) academic letters of recommendation (that is, letters from faculty members who can address the applicant's academic performance and potential). These should be sealed and signed by the faculty member, or sent separately by them to the school. If you choose to have electronic requests sent to your professors by the online admission application program above, please make sure your professors attach a discursive letter in addition to filling out any forms that are there.
- Score reports on the Graduate Record Examination General Test (GRE); (the university code is 1838; there is no department code.)
- A sample of critical writing (at least ten pages, usually an academic paper); (may also send by email to email@example.com)
- Applicants who plan to focus on creative writing may submit a sample of their creative work IN ADDITION TO the required critical essay; (may also send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- International students must also submit reports of the TOEFL examination;
- Any applicant who wishes to be considered for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship must ALSO submit a GTA application (available at http://louisville.edu/english/graduate/gta_applicationII.pdf). This application should be sent directly to the Department of English, Attn: MA GTA Application, Bingham Humanities RM 315, Louisville KY40292 OR to email@example.com with the subject line MA GTA application (your last name). The deadline for the GTA application is Jan. 5 of each year to begin Fall term only. All other application materials should be sent to Graduate Admissions, UofL, Louisville, KY 40292.