Bonnie Research Grants
Small grants for research in rhetoric and composition
The graduate program accepts applications for small grants, up to $400, to offset expenses related to dissertation research or MA thesis research with a rhetoric and composition focus. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. That means there's no specific deadline--proposals can be submitted at any time. The graduate committee will make funding decisions as applications come in.
Possible uses for these grants include the following:
- travel to archives
- purchase of relevant software or other materials directly related to the project
- transcription costs
- recording and/or transcription equipment
- payment for research subjects/participants
Travel to a conference is NOT an eligible expense.
- 2-3 page project description, including a budget.
Be sure to articulate how the money will be used and how that use will enhance the overall project.
- Letter of endorsement from the faculty member directing the project.